Thursday, January 24, 2013

Special K Diet: Day 3

Good morning!

If you live in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area, Happy first snowfall of the year!

Luckily it's less than a couple inches where I live, which is just the way I like snow -- just enough to cover the ground.

So, I've noticed that I've put on a little weight this past year. Not too much for it to be obvious, but enough that I have difficulty making my clothes fit. I'm about 5'1" and I weighed 19.5 lb when I started the Special K Diet (2 days ago). For those of you who don't know, the Special K Diet consists of 3 meals:

Breakfast: One bowl of any Special K Cereal, with 2/3 cup of skim milk and a serving of your favorite fruit.

Lunch: A Special K protein shake, OR a Special K protein meal bar, OR another bowl of cereal and fruit.

Dinner: whatever you normally eat

You are allowed TWO snacks a day, a choice between:

  • Special K Protein Snack Bars
  • Special K Cereal Bars
  • Special K Pastry Crisps
  • Special K Crackers and Chips
  • Special K Protein Water Mixes
Now, I'm not a big fan of dieting; I have very little will-power (it's one of the things I'm working on developing this year). But I was drawn to this diet because it promised that I would lose one jean size in  two weeks! I thought this was perfect because most of the other diets I have tried are usually a month long, and I could never make it that far. But two weeks seems like a very do-able amount of time. I also like the fact that I can eat whatever I normally eat for dinner. The hardest part of a full time diet is that I start craving the things I normally eat, and once that starts it's just a matter of time until I give up on dieting. So being able to eat one regular meal a day keeps me from craving my old unhealthy lifestyle.

Before starting the diet, I did go out and buy a bunch of Special K products, and at first I was dubious about the ulterior motives that Special K might have (making me buy all their products!), but I went to target and the bill was a little less than 20 dollars (including a couple things I had picked up that weren't Special K), so I'm not complaining about the price. If it helps me lose weight, I would consider those 20 bucks a GREAT investment :)

Here's what I picked up at my local Target:


I'm a very picky eater, especially when it comes to fruits and veggies. Raspberries are one of the few berries that I actually like. And I'm planning on cheating a tiny bit by substituting Wheat-Thins as one of my daily "snacks." If I have 10 crackers, then it should run around 100 Calories, which is the same as having Special K pastry crisps. I really don't think it'll make much of a difference, but I really wanted some variety in this diet.

I'll keep you guys posted on how the diet works out for me. I started out at 19.5 pounds, and my goal is to be at 13.5 lb on February 6. The diet promises that I'll lose "up to" 6 pounds, but I better lose at least 4 pounds in 2 weeks. Otherwise, this is a complete waste of money.

Here are some pictures of my lunch, and my weight on Tuesday:



Hope you're all making progress in your New Years Resolutions!

Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment